Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Word Count Wednesday (2/22/17)

What am I working on?

I am still moving along with my chapter project reaching the third page mark (yay!) I cannot decide if my story will end up as "fantasy" or be qualified as a weird type of "science fiction" but I know for sure that my world is definitely steampunk inspired. I've decided to keep the identity of my MC a secret for now but we will eventually learn her name in the next chapter. I'm very excited about this project in particular and I have to work harder if I want to have it completed in time for my group's share session on monday. I've also been working on another story set in a more medieval styled world where my MC is an invading viking who pisses off the wrong person and ends up with two separate curses then must team up with this nation's enemy to help break it. I'm super excited for these two so my magical realism story and my children's books are on the back burners for now until I can finally finish one gosh darn assignment. I'm also working on a vision essay for my poetry class and some occasional writing RPGs with my cousin.

Word Count: 1,071 (not too bad I actually made it to the weekly quota :D)

How do I feel about the process?

It's a little faster but I am still so much slower than everyone else, I cannot understand how everyone seems to have these gorgeous long pages in just a few days and it takes me about a week to get through just one page. I'm trying very hard to pick up the pace to reach deadlines but i'm still behind schedule, any suggestions?

What am I reading?

Guinevere, Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles

Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 22, 23, 24 by Hiromu Arakawa

On Writing by Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment