Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Word Count Wednesday (2/8/17)

What am I working on?

This is a little embarrassing to admit but I worked on an essay for my poetry class so I've had no time to really do any creative writing but I did get to storyboard some more ideas in my brain (getting them to paper might be another challenge.) I've story boarded more ideas on my children's picture book and expanded their magical world a bit and worked in the weird idea of having the MCs meet a fleet of viking cats (weird I know, but I imagine they would be so cute in little boats wearing big horned hats and fluffy vests.) I've also been story boarding for the magical realism prompt, I was given prom night and food that screams when you bite it. The idea is to make an ugly duckling story of an awkward looking girl at prom who befriends the sentient food at the buffet gains life advice from them and ends with her eating them before taking their wise advice. The chapter project is almost completely worked out in my mind and I just need to put it to paper but it'll most likely be a fantasy story set in a steampunk world.

How do I feel about the process?

Still slow. I find it incredibly hard to put ideas to paper (or laptop) so it seems to take several centuries for me to finally finish something to post. I apologize for the lack of postings and the snail speed I'll definitely try to pick up the pace and try to post more often.

What am I reading now?

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Guinevere, Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles

On Writing by Stephen King


1 comment:

  1. Hopefully when your lit essay is complete you'll be able to get more of your creatve endeavors onto the page.

    ReplyDelete