Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OMG.... I totally forgot my word count Wednesday(s)

Word Count Wednesday(4/26/17)

What I am working on now?

Holy crap I must have had my brain taken over by aliens the last two months because I totally forgot the last two months worth of of Word Count Wednesdays... opps sorry. I just finished my narrative assignment for chapter 2 which I am really excited about and about to start outlining a bit of chapter three. I'm also trying to outline the basis for our script, I'm trying to go for a modern setting following two homicide investigators tracking down a serial killer targeting female Polish immigrants in Chicago. I'm also trying to finish up all of my half finished experiments, I'm a bit lost on the poetry i'm suppose to submit but hopefully I can muster something good.

Word Count: (Counting just this week) + 4,000 words Woohoo!

How do I feel about the process?

I have been going through a bit of a dry spell going, in the last month or two I was very ill, moved to a new residence (still under construction and stuffed living in a single room with three other people), and lost one of my beloved cats. It was too chaotic to write and when I had time there was no spark. However, when writing the narrative this time it began really slow but once I had my momentum going I wrote 10 straight pages in 4 hours which I have never done in my entire life! I feel like i'm on cloud 9 and it's given me the confidence to be able to get through all of my projects at a much quicker pace.

What am I reading now?

Guinevere, Queen of the Summer Country by Rosalind Miles (Haven't picked it up since the move but I will be returning to this mediocre bit soon enough)

On Writing by Stephen King

20 Plots and How to build them by Ronald B. Tobias

No comments:

Post a Comment